Thursday, November 1, 2007

Sixth Assignment: College Thus Far...

I can't believe how fast this semester has gone; it's November already! I have to admit though, I expected my classes to be a lot easier. I was not expecting to have so much work. To be honest, I think I've had more homework and assignments in this semester alone, than I did all four years in high school. That sounds pathetic, but it's true. Not to say that I'm overwhelmed, but it has been a change that I've had to adjust to. I think because I had such a negative attitude about attending OCC in the first place, I didn't expect to do well. However, my perception has changed and I've decided to make the best of my OCC experience. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're feelings represent those of most college students, Kerianne. I know that even as a teacher, I had some reservations when I first started teaching at a community college (though it wasn't OCC at the time), and when I was in h.s. I had a VERY different idea about cc than I do now. I think a lot of people view cc as, like, the 13th grade; amazing how wrong we all are, huh? ::grin::

Kerianne said...

13th grade..exactly! i was embarrassed to tell people where I was going to school, but I'm over that. I've accepted my place and OCC. I should have put forth greater efforts in high school, especially senior year. I was more concerned with partying than doing my work. Although, there wasn't much work to speak of; senior year was a joke.