Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fifth Assignment

Emma Lazarus' words are both beautiful and moving. I don't have a specific or favorite piece of writing that truly moves me. However, I got to thinking about what moves and inspires me. It may sound a little cheesey, but the National Anthem get me everytime. I find it incredibly moving, touching, inspiring and sentimental. A lot of songs and poems are inspiring to me.

...but I absolutely love this quote:

"Forgive and forget. That’s what they say. It’s good advice, but it’s not very practical. When someone hurts us, we want to hurt them back. When someone wrongs us, we want to be right. Without forgiveness, old scores are never settled… old wounds never heal. And the most we can hope for, is that one day we’ll be lucky enough to forget." -Grey's Anatomy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your sentiments about the national anthem. But for me, it's the music swelling underneath the words that really gets to me. I even know the other verses - at least, I did at one point. ::grin::