Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Obama

I read in today's Post that geraldine Ferraro made a comment to the effect of, " The only reason Barack is winning is because he is Black." This of course caused an uproar and raised questions of whether or not that was racially insensitive, politically incorrect, etc, blah blah.. I don't know how I feel about the comment because on one hand I feel she is right. I don't think many people will literally say, "I'm voting for Obama because he's Black," but I do think that that can only benefit him when it comes time to vote. In some ways, it may be looked at as offensive too. Should Ferraro apologize? To be honest, I'm not really sure it matters. This will only help Obama's image and campaign. People are so ready for a drastic change in office, and I think he may be the change people are looking for.

No comments: