Sunday, April 20, 2008

family

Within the past two weeks, my family and I have been going through a devasting time following the death of my aunt. It was a complete shock and totally unexpected. I'm just having a very difficult time accepting this; I can't believe it, it seems surreal. I wish I could take the pain away from my three cousins, who have to spend the rest of their lives without their mother. There are times when I am trying to comfort them, and I can't speak, there are just no words.
To add to the loss, my oldest cousin Christina was supposed to celebrate her 27th Birthday, but instead attended her mother's wake on that same day. She is also getting married in June without her mother, my cousin Allie is graduating from Rutgers next month, and my cousin Victoria is attending her senior prom and graduating high school in June.
It's just not fair, it's not right, it will never settle right with us. I have never felt such a pain, it is unbearable.The rest of My family is a complete wreck, especially my mom. My mother lost her sister and best friend. My mom comes from 6 siblings, which made for an extremely large and close family, and to lose someone as wonderful as my aunt, who held us all together with her pizza nights, and other events, is insane to comprehend. She truly was the greatest aunt, and a wonderful person all around. I miss her immensely. Our lives will never be the same. We will be there for eachother and pull through it.

No comments: